Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
Dino Sideris to develop AGC safety training for general contractors in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - March 7, 2005 - Dino Sideris, Safety Director for Bob Moore Construction, has been invited to participate in two of Quoins top Safety-related working groups.
Quoin is the North / East Texas Chapter of the Association of General Contractors (AGC), the oldest and largest trade association in the construction industry. A major component of Quoins support to Texas general contractors is providing safety program education, to help general contractors protect their employees and subcontractors and comply with OSHA requirements.
QUOINs Safety Forum is a group of local AGC members who meet monthly to discuss and resolve common safety-related issues in a consistent manner. Sideris has been selected to join the forum. He will also present on how Bob Moore Construction implemented the new Design Build Objective Two (DBO2) program, a PDA-based system for managing and documenting jobsite safety inspections that was developed by QUOIN and AGC.
The Safety Leadership Committee is a select group of Quoin members who drive greater quality and awareness in safety throughout the local AGC community. Sideris was invited to support this committee's effort to develop a mock emergency drill for Safety Forum members to test their responses to a real-world situation.
This is just a natural progression of what were doing at Bob Moore Construction, said Dino Sideris. Our superintendents have been certified in CPR, first aid and OSHA 30-Hour Awareness Training. Weve implemented the DBO2 tracking system to ensure that an aggressive inspection schedule is followed and documented. Future enhancements may include improved communications via our website at . Were using the latest technological advancements, rigorous training procedures, heightened awareness at all levels of the company and strict adherence to regulatory requirements to keep our jobsites as safe as possible for our employees and subcontractors. Quoin is working to drive that same focus and awareness in the rest of the Dallas / Fort Worth construction industry, so Im very happy to support what theyre doing.
Were pleased to see Dinos expertise being recognized by Quoin, said Ed McGuire, Vice President of Construction for Bob Moore Construction. Safety is an important part of our business. OSHA pays very close attention to our industry; 47% of their inspections each year take place at construction job sites. More and more we find that clients review our safety program as part of their process for choosing a general contractor; our longstanding focus on safety has become not just a moral imperative and legal requirement, but a strong selling point as well. Since joining Bob Moore Construction, Dino has taken our excellent safety program and made it an exemplary one, earning recognition from the St. Paul / Travelers Group insurance company as well as Quoin. We hope that Quoin and AGC can leverage Dinos expertise to improve working conditions at jobsites all across North Texas, and not just at Bob Moore Construction projects.
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250