Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Recognized with AGC Award
Dino Sideris earns national recognition as part of local AGC Chapter Safety Leadership Resource Group
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - April 20, 2006 - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Dino Sideris has earned national recognition as part of QUOIN's Safety Leadership Resource Group with an award for Best Individual Public Relations Campaign in the country, from the National AGC in Washington DC.
The five-year campaign targeted the construction community's safety culture throughout North and East Texas. It included a wide range of activities, including training, implementation of new technologies, a strong alliance with local OSHA representatives, aggressive media outreach and an emphasis on awareness and preventative as well as corrective actions. The campaign culminated in 2005 with two Safety Stand Downs, where construction projects around the state valued at $4 billion were stopped for 1 ½ hours so that safety could be trained and promoted to more than 40,000 construction workers and 113 companies.
The proof of the campaign's success can be measured in lives saved. Prior to the Stand Downs, the North / East Texas region was on a pace of 12 - 13 worker deaths per year; following the Stand Downs, since August 2005 the region has seen no worker deaths.
An active member of the Safety Leadership Resource Group, Dino Sideris played a major role in developing and promoting the Safety Stand Downs, and created the training guide for all Bob Moore Construction jobsites. His support for the public relations campaign has been part of his overall company safety program that has earned an A+ rating from St. Paul / Traveler's Insurance.
"This recognition for Dino and the Safety Leadership Resource Group is well deserved," said Phillip Bell, President of Bob Moore Construction. "As our Safety Director Dino has created a model program that earns accolades from insurers, inspectors and his peers in the safety community. That program played a major role in us being named QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award in 2005 and winning the QUOIN / AGC Summit Award in 2006. Dino's work with the Safety Leadership Resource Group is a continuation of his outstanding work for Bob Moore Construction, only now it's having an impact on a regional level. The group's efforts have made jobsites all across Texas safer and more productive. I hope that other AGC chapters will use QUOIN's award-winning public relations campaign as a template for their own programs. If they do, the Safety Leadership Resource Group could have a significant impact on jobsite safety on a national basis."
"This national award from AGC means a great deal to me personally, and I know it's a high honor for the other members of the group as well," said Dino Sideris. "The PR Campaign has been a major initiative over a long period of time, but it has had a tremendous impact. I see the results every day on our jobsites. Even better, I see the same workers at our jobsites every day because they weren't hurt the day before. Bob Moore Construction has gone more than five years without a reportable incident at one of its jobsites, and now all AGC general contractors' jobsites in our region have enjoyed eight straight months without a fatality. I think everyone with QUOIN and the Safety Leadership Resource Group can be very proud of that."
The award was publicized and the Safety Leadership Resource Group was publicly recognized at an April 13 QUOIN / AGC awards banquet held at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas.
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250