Dino Sideris Receives 2008 Safety Director of the Year Award
New 435,180 SF Building Increases First Industrial Realty Trust's First Garland Business Center to 944,000 SF
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - April 10, 2008 - Dino Sideris, Safety Director for Bob Moore Construction, has been named QUOIN / AGC's Safety Director of the Year for 2008.
Judging for the Safety Director of the Year award was based on the candidates' demonstrated technical expertise and professional contributions to advance the safety profession, such as public/community services and involvement in codes and legislation.
As safety director, Dino Sideris has led Bob Moore Construction's safety program to an impressive record of zero lost time or recordable incidents in more than two and a half years. Under his leadership, in 2007 Bob Moore Construction was accepted as a member of the OSHA Local Partnership program, only the fifth general contractor in north / east Texas to earn this recognition.
Dino Sideris is an active member of QUOIN, the north and east Texas chapter of AGC. He is vice chairman of QUOIN's Safety Leadership Group and a member of QUOIN's Safety Forum. Sideris is also a member of the prestigious Texas Building Branch Safety Committee in Austin, Texas, working with state legislators to influence safety laws and standards at the state and federal level, and the Safety Board for the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA), where he supports construction safety initiatives on a national level.
"Dino goes well beyond the basic requirements of simply maintaining a safety program," said Ed McGuire, Vice President of Construction for Bob Moore Construction. "He has created a strong, aggressive safety mindset at our jobsites, and has made safety a habit, the normal way of doing things, for our employees and hundreds of our subcontractors' workers. He's taken those efforts statewide as well with his tireless involvement with AGC and TCA. I'm proud to have Dino as part of our construction team and I'm pleased that QUOIN has recognized his accomplishments."
"I'm very grateful to have been selected for this honor," said Dino. "I've enjoyed a great deal of support from everyone at Bob Moore Construction. The executive team and project management have always been supportive of the program, and we have some great superintendents who keep the program going every day on the jobsites. I also appreciate the opportunities I've had to work with the professionals at QUOIN, who do a tremendous job of improving safety in the Texas construction community. It has been a pleasure working with them up to now, and I look forward to continuing to support those efforts in the coming years."
Bob Moore Construction was also honored at QUOIN's Oscar Night when Longhorn Harley-Davidson construction project received the Merit Award.
The award was presented at QUOIN's Oscar Night on April 8, 2008 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel in Grapevine, Texas.
Print sized photos are available at /photos/sdoty/index.html
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250