ARLINGTON, TEXAS – October 13, 2014 – Bob Moore Construction has received the 2014 Zero Lost Time Safety Award from the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA).
The TCA’s Safety Award program recognizes general contractors that are committed to maintaining safe working environments on their job sites. The Zero Lost Time Safety Award is given to those TCA member companies whose superior safety programs have resulted in no jobsite incidents that resulted in lost man-hours of work.
Bob Moore Construction’s safety program has previously been recognized with numerous certifications and awards:
- In August 2013 the company became the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a tilt-up company by the TCA, in a program that included an evaluation of its safety program.
- Bob Moore Construction was one of the first general contractors in Texas to be accepted in the exclusive OSHA Local Partnership program.
- The company was one of the first general contractors in Texas to have its superintendents certified as Tilt-Up Supervisors by the American Concrete Institute in a joint program with the TCA.
- The company received TCA’s 2012 Alphonse J. Engelman Safety Award for maintaining a zero incident rate with the highest number of annual work hours.
- Bob Moore Construction has received several safety awards including numerous TCA Zero Lost Time Awards, The CompGroup AGC Safety Award and the AGC’s Safety Director of the Year.
“The Zero Lost Time award really speaks to the heart of what our safety program is all about,” said Ed McGuire, President for Bob Moore Construction. “Our program has been recognized in many different ways, but at the end of the day, zero incidents is our ultimate goal. Because this award is based on our performance over an entire year, I believe it reflects not just the quality of our program but the commitment each of our superintendents and project managers has to maintaining that program every day. Each award is an affirmation that our approach to maintaining safety is working, and we take great pride in having our efforts recognized by a prestigious national organization like the TCA.”
About the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA)
The TCA is the preeminent international nonprofit trade association for the global Tilt-Up concrete construction industry. Founded in 1986, the TCA strives to improve the quality and acceptance of site-cast tilt-up construction, a method in which concrete wall panels are cast on-site and tilted into place. The mission of the Tilt-Up Concrete Association is to expand and improve the use of Tilt-Up as the preferred building system by providing education and resources that enhance quality and performance. Tilt-up construction is one of the fastest growing industries in the United States, combining the advantages of reasonable cost with low maintenance, durability, speed of construction and minimal capital investment. For more information visit http://tilt-up.org