ARLINGTON, TEXAS – May 30, 2013 – Bob Moore Construction has received the 2013 Outstanding Small Business of the Year Award for north Texas from the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with North Texas Small Business Development Center.
The Outstanding Small Business Award is given in recognition of the recipient’s achievements, innovativeness, response to adversity and contributions to aid community-oriented projects. Bob Moore Construction was recognized for its important contributions to the growth and success of the region, which includes the construction of more than 28 million square feet (SF) of retail, office and warehouse space in Arlington and around north Texas. Some of these construction projects include:
- 1.164 million SF Pioneer 360 Business Center, the first LEED Gold Core and Shell Industrial Project in the state of Texas
- 851,000 SF Rooms To Go regional distribution center
- 1.32 million SF Frankford Trade Center distribution center complex
- 850,000 SF Blockbuster Video distribution center
- 395,000 SF Air CargoCentreâ„¢ and LogisticsCentresâ„¢ Complex, DFW Airport, the first cargo facility in the US designed to support the Airbus A380 aircraft.
- 79,000 SF Offices at Brookhollow office building
- 38,000 SF Longhorn Harley-Davidson store
- 296,000 SF Lincoln Industrial Center
- Bob Moore Construction was also recognized for its participation in major community initiatives, including the demolition of the 800,000 SF Festival Mall in Arlington.
“We are proud to recognize the significant accomplishments of our award recipients,” said Wes Jurey, President and CEO of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce. “For 67 years, Bob Moore Construction, Inc. has had historical impact on the industrial, commercial office and retail projects such as Rooms To Go, Garden Ridge, Pioneer 360 Business Park, Harley-Davidson, Lincoln Properties and many others. They have also provided significant support on major community initiatives.”
“Bob Moore started this company 67 years ago,” said Phillip Bell, President of Bob Moore Construction. “He is no longer with us but his vision continues. It was Bob’s decision to move us to Arlington 30 years ago and it was one of the best business decisions we’ve ever made. Over the years we have enjoyed a great relationship with the city and have been very proud to help businesses come to north Texas and grow their operations here.
“Dallas / Fort Worth is the best place in the country to be, in terms of economy and the outlook for the future,” added Mr. Bell, “and Arlington is the best place to be in the DFW Metroplex. We are very optimistic about the next two to three years and feel that Arlington will be the center of a tremendous amount of activity and growth for Texas.”
The 2013 Outstanding Small Business of the Year Award was presented on May 23 at the Spirit of America: 2013 Salute to Small Business Luncheon hosted by the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, U.S. Small Business Administration and North Texas Small Business Development Center. NBC 5 Today Anchor Deborah Ferguson emceed the event, which was attended by 350 business leaders and representatives from North Texas Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders and the U.S. Small Business Administration.