ARLINGTON, TEXAS – October 1, 2015 – Ed McGuire, President of Bob Moore Construction, has received the 2015 Murray Parker Memorial Award from the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA).
The award was presented by Murray Parker’s daughter Erin Amirault (pictured right) at TCA’s Tilt-Up Awards Gala on September 30, 2015 in New Brunswick, NJ.
Established in 2004 as one of the top professional honors given by the TCA, the Murray Parker Memorial Award is presented to the contractor who has contributed significantly to the growth of the tilt-up construction industry.
Mr. McGuire is a nationally recognized leader and expert on concrete and tilt-up construction with 30+ years of industry experience. He has provided executive-level oversight for all construction and field operations for Bob Moore Construction since 1992, managing project management and field personnel, coordinating and negotiating with clients and overseeing ongoing projects. Under Mr. McGuire’s leadership Bob Moore Construction has earned numerous honors, including:
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) General Contractor of the Year Award;
- Outstanding Construction Award from Texas Building Branch-AGC;
- Multiple AGC Summit Awards for Construction Excellence;
- Achievement Award from TCA;
- The Alphonse Engelman Safety Award from TCA;
- 2014 Best Real Estate Deals Award from the Dallas Business Journal;
- “Best Of” Award from McGraw-Hill Companies’ Texas Construction magazine.
Mr. McGuire also played a major role in the company being accepted into the exclusive OSHA Local Partnership Program, and thanks to his expertise in tilt-up construction the company became the first general contractor in the United States to receive formal accreditation as a Certified Tilt-Up Company by the TCA.
Mr. McGuire has served on a variety of national industry committees and boards, including:
- Former President and Vice President for the Board of Directors for the TCA.
- Chairman of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) C650 – Tilt-Up Constructor Certification Committee. He also serves as the Secretary for ACI’s 211 Committee – Proportioning Concrete Mixtures.
- Member of ACI’s committees on Tilt-up Construction (past chairman), Design of Slabs on Grade, Construction of Concrete Floors, and Tilt-up Construction Certification.
“Ed has been a tremendous proponent and participant in the goals and strategies of both the TCA and the tilt-up industry as a whole for many years,” said Mitch Bloomquist, Executive Director, Tilt-Up Concrete Association. “He served as TCA Board member for several terms, including a term as President. As a leader, Ed has actively involved members of his company in the TCA in a variety of roles and he has been a principle supporter for tilt-up activities in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth market.”
“This is truly an honor,” said Mr. McGuire. “Some of our industry’s pioneers have been selected to receive this award, and it’s named to honor Murray Parker, who had such a remarkable impact on the international expansion of tilt-up construction. It’s remarkably gratifying and humbling to be recognized in such a select group of visionaries who have literally improved and redefined the way commercial construction is done around the world.
“I’m also grateful for the opportunities I’ve had to work with organizations like TCA, ACI and the AGC,” Mr. McGuire added. “Through those associations I’ve been able to contribute to the continual improvements in tilt-up construction that are improving our industry’s safety, quality and value – literally on a global scale. It’s exciting to be part of something that has such a large and positive impact on so many people.”