Bob Moore Construction has career opportunities for construction professionals who would like to work with an established, client-focused general contractor and commercial construction company.
Click on a position below to view details, then click APPLY to email us your resume and cover letter.
- Project Assistant Details >
- Pay Scale: Starting at $15/hour or more DOE and $100/month phone allowance
- Direct Reports: Project Manager & Superintendent
- Computer literate
- Ability to learn and effectively use computer systems
- OSHA 10 Hour (can be obtained post hire)
- Physically and mentally able to perform office and field duties
- Have working level of construction knowledge required for job duties pre hire
- Daily walk with superintendents taking notes on subcontractors manpower and work activities being performed. Following job walk enter daily work report data in Procore.
- Take pictures as directed by superintendents for upload in Procore.
- Request, collect, organize and track subcontractor weekly tool box talks.
- Request, collect, organize and track subcontractor SDS manuals.
- Print and distribute information from Procore as requested by PM or Supt.
- Send print orders to printing service for sheets to be printed, and then slip sheet the new sheets in current drawings set.
- Print RFI’s and post in RFI binder.
- Print approved submittals and organize in binders or drawing racks.
- Print sub meeting agendas, record attendance, take meeting notes, enter minutes in Procore for review by PM and Supt.
- Print and laminate signs as requested.
- Call subs as needed to maintain and update materials delivery log to make sure materials will be delivered on time.
- Collect, organize, and file third party inspection/testing reports.
- Collect, organize, and file city inspection cards/sheets.
- Make sure all office supplies are in good standing such as printer cartridges, paper, marking items, and laminate sheets. Reorder office supplies as needed.
- Make sure office IT systems are up and running at all times such as wireless internet and printer.
- Provide office support to PM and Supt as needed.
- Help QC and Supt with note taking, data entry, distribution and tracking of punchlist items in Procore.
- Daily walk site and buildings to look for, note and correct focus four safety infractions and PPE infractions.
- Daily walk site and buildings to look for, note and correct fire danger items. Make sure fire extinguishers are on stands, fully charged, ready for emergency use in each building.
- Daily walk site and buildings to check on status of safety signs. Post and replace safety signs as needed.
- Assist QC and Supt with field measuring and layout.
- Oversee and direct subs for the weekly composite crew site and buildings cleanup.
- Observe and document work for QC conformance as requested.
- Help with site logistical and deliveries coordination as requested.
- Show new workers jobsite safety orientation video, record new workers information, & distribute stickers to new workers.
- Be up to date on COVID safety precautions for workers, assist Supt in generating plan for COVID safe working policies.
- Verify quantity and condition of GC purchased items at time of delivery such as light fixtures, doors, and windows.
- Provide field support to PM and Supt as needed.
- Construction Intern Details >
- Project Management
- Field Supervision
- Preconstruction Services & Estimating
- Information Technology
- Project Management Software – utilize Procore to manage the project
- Submittals – create submittal registry and manage submittal process (solicit, review, submit for approval and return)
- RFIs – assist PM and superintendent in RFI creation, submit, follow up, and return, & post on Plans
- Plans and specifications – read & interpret plans & specs, update plan logs, ensure up-to-date set is available at the jobsite and on plan portal
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control – observe compliance with plans & specs, submittals, and Bob Moore quality requirements
- Coordinating & scheduling the trades – three week lookahead schedule
- Daily Logs – write daily logs
- Coordination & Safety meetings – attend and participate
- Bid Documents – read & interpret plan & specs, post and analyze addenda and RFIs
- Bid Assembly – bid solicitation, follow-up to create confirmer bidders’ list, analyze bids, comparative scope analysis, organize bids
- Budgeting – prepare conceptual budgets using quantity take offs, subcontractor input, and historical cost data
- Quantity Take Offs – use Onscreen Take Off to perform quantity take offs
- Scheduling – prepare critical path schedule using Microsoft Project
Goals – Develop the following skills in our interns:
The internship will be broken down into three sessions as detailed in the following:
Session 1: Project Management
Assist and observe PM in all project management tasks; specifically including the following:
Session 2: Field Supervision
Assist and observe Superintendent in all field supervisions tasks; specifically including the following:
Session 3: Estimating
Assist and observe Estimator in all estimating tasks; specifically including the following: