When Blockbuster Entertainment Group moved its Operations from Miami, Florida to Dallas / McKinney, Texas, the consolidation of numerous warehouses and the relocation of Operations were centralized in an 850,000 square foot commercial building built by Bob Moore Construction specifically for Blockbuster. The new building supports warehouse, distribution center, data center and administrative office operations. The project was turned over to Blockbuster in phases on an extremely aggressive schedule and during one of the worst winters and springs in Texas history.
- January 21, 1997 – Groundbreaking
- July 20, 1997 – Certificate of Occupancy issued for 38,000 square foot
- Data Center designed to withstand winds in excess of 200 m.p.h.
- September 1, 1997 – Certificate of Occupancy issued for 684,000 square foot Distribution Center.
- December 15, 1997 – Certificate of Occupancy issued for 128,000 square foot two-story office.
- Construction schedule included 81 days lost to inclement weather.