Rooms To Go - Arlington
Rooms To Go – Arlington
ROOMS TO GO had grown to the point where a new, larger distribution center was required to support the needs of the country’s fastest growing furniture store chain. They hired Horton, Harley & Carter, Inc. as the architect and Bob Moore Construction as the general contractor for this major project. A year later, the result is an amazing 851,000 SF distribution center / office building in Arlington, Texas.
With almost 15 football fields of interior floor space, the facility houses massive, five-level shelving units to efficiently organize and store millions of dollars in inventory. Circling the facility are 126 separate loading bays, allowing warehouse employees to load dozens of orders onto 18-wheelers simultaneously.
- The 6″ concrete floor was poured in 32 individual pours, and the entire slab was water cured.
- The building’s walls are comprised of 194 separate concrete tilt-up wall panels.
- Each tilt-up panel weighs 50,000 to 93,000 pounds.
- The roof is a 4-ply un-ballasted Johns Manville system.
- The property’s irrigation system is fed mainly from rain water collected from the 19.5 acre roof, making the new facility friendly to the environment and the local neighborhood.
- Over 300 skilled workers worked on this project.
Size: 851,000 SF
Location: Arlington, Texas
Warehouse & Distribution
Tilt-Up Construction / Precast
Rooms To Go
Horton, Harley & Carter, Inc.